Tuesday, January 9, 2007

What the Hell was That?

This sorry fellow needs some grief counseling

Last night Florida deicided to show everyone exactly what an all out ass beating looks like by just destroying Ohio State to win the BCS National Championship. I'm pretty much at a loss for words on this one. I'm not stunned that Florida won the game (underdogs have won 6 of the last 7 BCS titles) but it was how they won the game.

Ted Ginn returns the opening kick for a touchdown and I, like most of America outside of the South, thought that was the start of a Ohio State coronation. Instead the Gators tied the Buckeyes to a tree and beat them mercilessly with a shovel. Ohio State gained 84 yards....FOR THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME! That was less then Ted Ginn's kickoff return! What the hell happened?

Maybe the Vest has lost his mojo, or perhaps the Troy Smith was depressed that this was his last game in college before taking a pay cut to join the NFL (ZING~!) but was the first time I've seen a Vest coached Ohio State team shit the bed in a big game. It was just unbelievable.

I know as a Michigan fan I should be giddy at this colossal beatdown of the Buckeyes, and a large part of me is, but I'm a bit dissappointed that the Big Ten's best were shown the door rather easily in their bowl games. Kind of puts a damper on the whole season. Oh well....at least I don't have to listen to idiots from Columbus talk about their "dynasty in the making."

Now it's time to look to next season and here's hoping it ends with me drunk and celebrating in New Orleans after Michigan gets their shit together and finishes a season right. GO BLUE!

No comments: